MEN EDUCATING MEN ABOUT HEALTH
Men Educating Men About Health (MEMAH) is a nonprofit organization created by a group of men and directed to men. We are dedicated to raising the awareness, importance and understanding of men's health issues. MEMAH brings you the most current information about your wellness and healthcare options. Here are some eye-opening statistics:
- Men make about 30% fewer doctor visits every year than women
- Men die at higher rates than women from the top 10 causes of death.
- Prostate cancer is the number one cancer impacting men of all races.
- If you are African-American you are nearly twice at risk for prostate cancer compared with other ethnicities.
- 13 million men over age 20 have diabetes, while 7 million men and women have diabetes and do not know it, according to the CDC.
- Stroke risk (similar to a heart attack but in the brain) is 2 to 4 times greater in diabetics
- Every 39 seconds an adult dies of a heart attack, stroke or cardiovascular disease – many of which might have been prevented through better diet, lifestyle and annual medical check ups.
- Men's Sex life: Stats show men in excellent health will have longer satisfying sex lives than men with average or poor health. 40% of men over age 75 report active sex lives.
- One out of six adults has high cholesterol
- Signs of Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) are similar to symptoms of prostate cancer.
- Men are outlived by women on average by six years
Our goal at Men Educating Men About Health (MEMAH) is to provide men with an opportunity to make informed decision about their health care choices.
Get Informed – Get Screened – Get Active – Get Involved